Do you want to work for an engaging company that will help you develop your career, reward your effort and listen to your views?…..
Ecologia is part of the RSK Group Ltd a multi-disciplinary, specialist contaminated land consultant/contractor that provides advice and undertakes site investigation and remediation projects across the UK and Europe.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that’s consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
All successful recruits will be eligible to RSK group benefit programme which includes:
- Option to buy additional holidays,
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Heatshield Cash Plan.
- Regular training and career development.
If we don’t have a vacancy to suit you but you want to work with us then express your interest in confidence via email@example.com. We will advise you of any suitable vacancies as they become available.
Whether applying for an advertised position or simply wishing to register your interest your information will be treated in confidence.
Project Manager / Geo-Environmental Consultant – Sittingbourne, Kent
Salary: £35k – 45k depending upon experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual as a Geo-Environmental Consultant with a focus on contaminated land core skills to join our Consultancy Service Line at Ecologia’s offices in Sittingbourne, Kent, working with a small team serving various client types predominantly across the South of England.
The appointed person will report to the consultancy department head but will work closely with other service lines based at Sittingbourne as well as other offices. We would expect candidates to be degree level qualified in an appropriate discipline (ideally with a relevant Masters) and have at least 5 years’ experience in geo-environmental consultancy work with the ability to take projects from initial design stage through to implementation and completion.
The successful candidate will have a flexible attitude to work and possess the enthusiasm and drive to deliver the requirements of the role. The ability to work remotely, but as an effective member of a wider team, will be essential, along with excellent communication, organisation and problem-solving skills. This role will require frequent travel to sites across the South of England as well as occasionally further afield.
Key Duties / Requirements
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple projects concurrently, on time and within budget with an understanding of financial management at a project level.
- Preparation of factual geo-environmental and interpretative contaminated land reports including Desk Studies, Phase II Site Investigations as well as remediation strategies and verification reports.
- Excellent communication (inc client and regulator), organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and numerical skills including report writing data interpretation, including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel and where applicable specific software which may include but is not limited to Holebase (logging software), AutoCAD, surfer etc.
- Demonstrable site work competency including an appreciation of Health & Safety procedure, guidance and requirements.
- Organize, manage resources, mentoring of junior staff and ad hoc supervise geo-environmental ground investigations
- Assist in the production of proposals and tenders.
Right to work in the UK, willingness to travel and a full UK/EC driving licence are essential.
Yard, Maintenance & Stores Operative – Sittingbourne, Kent
Salary: £23k – 24k + depending on experience
We have an opportunity for a Yard, Maintenance & Stores Operative to join our busy team in Sittingbourne, Kent.
The role is to support the team in relation to the organisation and control of consumable stocks; preparation of equipment, accessories and consumables for site works, assisting with vehicles; and the processing of equipment after use.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Preparation of equipment, accessories and consumables for site work based on requests from the Project Teams.
- Assisting site staff with the loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Delivering spares parts / additional equipment requirements to site on an ad-hoc basis;
- Processing (checking, cleaning down, preparation for re-use and return to stock/store) site equipment and tools on return from site.
- Assistance with consumable stock levels, purchasing, checks etc.
- Assistance with inspection of equipment, record keeping etc
- Assisting with the organisation of waste drums and collection by Waste Disposal Contractors.
- Providing assistance with the preparation/Painting and pre-use checks of remediation systems / equipment.
- Cleaning of pool fleet vehicles and assistance with maintenance.
- Assisting with the maintenance of the general appearance of the premises and yard area’s.
Skills / Attributes:
- Good positive and flexible attitude to work
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Ability to multi-task and solve problems
- Good time management.
- Basic Computer skills – (additional training will be provided)
- UK Driving License
Interns – Sittingbourne
We regularly seek to support undergraduate students working towards BSc, BEng or MSc qualifications, or equivalent, by offering Internships for a minimum of 6 months. The experience offered is assisting Ecologia’s staff in monitoring innovative in-situ remediation processes. These tasks will require site attendance collection of environmental samples, monitoring of the system performance, assisting the engineer to set up the test runs and, to a limited extent, interpretation of the process performance. Being supervised by an Environmental Engineer, the candidate will also be required to assist in carrying out site investigations and other in-house tasks. The tasks performed at Ecologia can be tailored to suit the student’s requirements of a research project normally associated with a final year dissertation.