Do you want to work for an engaging company that will help you develop your career, reward your effort and listen to your views?…..
Ecologia is part of the RSK Group Ltd a multi-disciplinary, specialist contaminated land consultant/contractor that provides advice and undertakes site investigation and remediation projects across the UK and Europe.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that’s consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
All successful recruits will be eligible to RSK group benefit programme which includes:
- Option to buy additional holidays,
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Heatshield Cash Plan.
- Regular training and career development.
If we don’t have a vacancy to suit you but you want to work with us then express your interest in confidence via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will advise you of any suitable vacancies as they become available.
Whether applying for an advertised position or simply wishing to register your interest your information will be treated in confidence.
Remediation Technician / Engineer – Sittingbourne, Kent
Salary £23,000 – £29,000, depending on experience
You will primarily support our work in Environmental Claims, dealing with land-based oil spills and other incidents. The work involves an interesting mix of site-based work, with additional office and workshop based duties and a requires an adaptable approach to assist with urgent response situations.
Working within a small team, candidates will be required to assist in the response to pollution incidents, remediation of oil spills, investigation and remediation of contaminated land.
Site duties will include
- Assisting with emergency oil spill response including installation of absorption booms, pumps, vapour extraction fans, aeration systems etc.
- Installation / monitoring of in-situ treatment systems
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Procedures
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager from site
- Liaise with contractors
- Soil and Groundwater sampling
- Prepare & send samples to accredited laboratories
- Operate scientific equipment
Office based duties
- Assist with maintenance and cleaning of yard, vehicles, stores and equipment
The successful candidate could come from a range of different backgrounds; our key requirement is for a confident, personable, physically fit and practical individual with a flexible attitude to work
- The ability to work outdoors as an effective member of a team and on your own initiative.
- CSCS card is desirable
- An NVQ or City + Guilts in a mechanical, electrical or engineering subject is desirable, but not essential
- A qualification an environmental / landscaping or construction related subject is desirable but not essential
- Good communication and problem-solving skills are essential
- A basic ability to use common computer software (Word, Excel) is required
- The job will require willingness to travel across the South East and sometimes further afield; a full UK/EC driving licence is essential.
Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, Healthshield cash plan, payroll giving and cycle-to-work scheme
- Training and Development
Graduate Environmental Scientist – Sittingbourne, Kent
We have an opportunity for an Environmental Scientist to join our busy team in the South East.
The role is based in Sittingbourne, Kent and will primarily support our work in Environmental Claims, dealing with land-based oil spills and other incidents. The work involves an interesting mix of office and site-based work and requires an adaptable approach to assist with urgent response situations.
The successful candidate will be required to assist our Project Managers with the organisation of projects, procure materials and contractors, prepare reports and provide feedback from sites, whilst ensuring compliance with Company procedures.
Site duties will include:
- Undertaking Phase I and Phase II site investigations,
- Soil and Groundwater sampling & soil logging,
- Supervise excavations,
- Prepare & send samples to accredited laboratories,
- Assistance in the preparation of Health and Safety documentation for site works,
- Undertake remediation site inspections,
- Monitor and collating data from in-situ remediation systems,
- Liaison with contractors,
- Operate scientific equipment.
Office based duties will include updating project records, project preparation and report writing, assisting with maintenance of stores and equipment.
We will generally expect candidates to be qualified to degree level in an environment/land related subject; however, candidates from a more practical background or with experience dealing with oil spills for insurance companies may also be considered. Candidates with CSCS card are encouraged to apply albeit the company will provide the necessary training.
The successful candidate will have good literacy and reporting skills, a flexible attitude to work, and possess the enthusiasm and drive to deliver the requirements of this role.
The ability to work as an effective member of a team and on your own initiative will be essential, along with excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills. .
The job will require a willingness to travel across the South of England; a full UK/EC driving licence is essential.
Project Manager / Environmental Claims Consultant – Honiton, Devon, South West
Salary: £32K – £40K depending on experience
Experience: 4 years +
The position will be based at Ecologia’s Honiton office, working within a small team serving Environmental Claims projects across the South West. The primary role will be deliver our services in Environmental Claims, dealing with inland oil spills, agricultural and other incidents.
We are seeking candidates who have experience working with insurers and loss adjusters, managing commercial and domestic oil spills and with the ability to take projects from initial design stage through to implementation and completion. As well as a degree level qualification in an appropriate discipline, we would expect candidates to have 4+ years experience in contaminated land / inland spill response, including relevant project management experience. An understanding of domestic building works and an ability to manage project finances is essential. Additionally, candidates with a Chartership and wider expertise in Geo-environmental consultancy, contaminated land assessment and/or remediation will be viewed favourably.
The successful candidate will have a flexible attitude to work and possess the enthusiasm and drive to deliver the requirements of the role. The ability to work both within an office and remotely will be essential, along with excellent communication, organisation and problem-solving skills. This role will require frequent travel within the South West.
Key Duties / Requirements
- Operation and financial management of the projects, delivering within budget and programme.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety procedures and guidelines.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Contributing to continuous improvement programmes and maintaining a strong emphasis on project safety.
- Working with a multi-skilled team nationally.
- Preparation of proposals and tenders.
- Management of sub-contractors.
- Interpretative report writing.
- Liaison and meetings with clients and regulatory authorities.
- Supervision and mentoring of staff.
Right to work in the UK, willingness to travel and a full UK/EC driving licence are essential.
Interns – Sittingbourne
We regularly seek to support undergraduate students working towards BSc, BEng or MSc qualifications, or equivalent, by offering Internships for a minimum of 6 months. The experience offered is assisting Ecologia’s staff in monitoring innovative in-situ remediation processes. These tasks will require site attendance collection of environmental samples, monitoring of the system performance, assisting the engineer to set up the test runs and, to a limited extent, interpretation of the process performance. Being supervised by an Environmental Engineer, the candidate will also be required to assist in carrying out site investigations and other in-house tasks. The tasks performed at Ecologia can be tailored to suit the student’s requirements of a research project normally associated with a final year dissertation.