Do you want to work for an engaging company that will help you develop your career, reward your effort and listen to your views?…..
Ecologia is an equal opportunities employer and are always on the look out for talented people.
All successful applicants will be joining a growing company. They will have the opportunity to input and benefit from our further growth and development. In return, we offer competitive remuneration supported by a number of benefits.
The benefits of working here:
- Friendly & professional work environment
- Exposure to great projects & International exposure
- Flexible/ part time working
- Progression & help towards Chartership
- Professional Development reviews/ CPD-Skills Passport
- Internal training sessions held by internal and external experts
- Staff survey- staff are encouraged to have their say
- Encouraging -Innovation & new ideas
- Peer support/ mentoring
- Career Progression
If we don’t have a vacancy to suit you but you want to work with us then express your interest in confidence via email@example.com. We will advise you of any suitable vacancies as they become available.
Whether applying for an advertised position or simply wishing to register your interest your information will be treated in confidence.
Graduate Environmental Scientist – Honiton, Devon
We have an opportunity for an Environmental Scientist to join our busy and growing team in the South West.
The role is based in Honiton, Devon and will primarily support our work in Environmental Claims, dealing with land-based oil spills and other incidents. The work involves an interesting mix of office and site based work and requires an adaptable approach to assist with urgent response situations.
The successful candidate will be required to assist our Project Managers with the organisation of projects, procure materials and contractors, prepare reports and provide feedback from sites, whilst ensuring compliance with health & safety procedures.
Site duties will include:
- Undertaking Phase I and Phase II site investigations,
- Soil and Groundwater sampling & soil logging,
- Supervise excavations,
- Prepare & send samples to accredited laboratories,
- Assistance in the preparation of Health and Safety documentation in relation to site work
- Undertake remediation site inspections,
- Liaise with contractors,
- Operate scientific equipment
We will generally expect candidates to be qualified to degree level in an environment/land related subject; however, candidates from a more practical background with experience dealing with oil spills for insurance companies may also be considered. Candidates with CSCS card are encouraged to apply albeit the company will provide the necessary training.
The successful candidate will have good literacy and reporting skills, a flexible attitude to work, and possess the enthusiasm and drive to deliver the requirements of this role.
The ability to work as an effective member of a team and on your own initiative will be essential, along with excellent communication, organisational and problem solving skills.
The job will require willingness to travel across the South West of England; a full UK/EC driving licence is essential.
SHEQ Administrator – Sittingbourne, Kent
Ecologia is a multi-disciplinary, specialist contaminated land consultant/contractor that provides advice and undertakes site investigation and remediation projects across the UK and Europe.
We currently have a vacancy for a Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Administrator.
Objective of the Job:
Support and assist in the continued delivery of the Company’s Integrated Management System (incorporating Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental Management).
- Maintenance of the Company’s Integrated Management System.
- Collating, monitoring and reporting KPI information, health, safety and environmental records, company statistics, and presentation of information and updates to management and wider Group company.
- Coordination of new and revised company documentation for review and approval.
- Proof-reading, review formats, logos and document classification footers on all documents.
- Collaboration with other areas of the business related to company documentation and KPI’s.
- Periodic review of documents.
- Support with conducting routine and ad hoc inspections of premises.
- Responsibility for the reporting requirements of “The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013”.
- Assist and co-ordinate the Internal Audit Process and ensure that regular audits are conducted covering the scope of the IMS, in accordance with the schedule.
- Monitor the implementation of corrective actions identified in response to inspections, incident investigations and internal audits to ensure that they are closed out in a timely manner and that their implementation is effective in reducing risk or improving performance.
- Regular analysis and reports of Company performance information in support of management review.
- Organise quarterly Management Review Meetings and assist in preparing the report on the management elements of the IMS. Identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations with regard to development of suitable action plans.
- Provide a written report on Company performance with respect to Quality, Health, Safety and Environment for Management / Board Meetings.
- Assist with maintaining records for equipment calibration.
- Support the coordination of third party certification activities – liaise with third party audit resources as appropriate.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication and develop good working relationships amongst staff and group companies.
Knowledge Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience with document administration and data inputting/handling.
- Experience in MS Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, databases.
- Experience with CRM / Sharepoint preferred.
- Possesses strong organisational skills.
- Able to prioritise tasks and work on multiple projects.
- Able to work in a team environment and on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Full command of English language.
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and be able to interact with staff at all levels.
- Full UK driving licence
- Awareness of QHSE management system models i.e. ISO9001, OHSAS 18001, 14001 an advantage.
- Knowledge of UK health and safety legislative requirements an advantage.
The company will provide any support and guidance for professional development towards any NVQ/NEBOSH or related qualification associated with this role and support professional membership.
Project Manager – Stafford
We are seeking candidates with experience in commercial and domestic oil spills with the ability to take projects from initial design stage through to implementation and completion. Responsibilities will comprise of operation and financial management of the project delivering within budget and programme. The role will involve leading and working with a multi-skilled team (to include the management of drilling sub-contractors); technical reviews, interpretative report writing; liaison and meetings with clients and regulatory authorities; and ensuring compliance with health and safety guidelines.
As well as a degree level qualification in an appropriate scientific discipline, we would expect candidates to have 6+ years experience (or equivalent) in contaminated land / remediation; including project management experience.
The successful candidate will have a flexible attitude to work and posses the enthusiasm and drive to deliver the requirements of the role. The ability to work as an effective member of a team and on their own initiative will be essential, along with excellent communication, organisation and problem solving skills. This role will be based from our Stafford Office but will require frequent travel within the Staffordshire area.
Right to work in the UK, Willingness to travel and a full UK/EC driving licence is essential.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Organise, manage resources and, ad hoc, supervise geo-environmental ground investigations
- Assist in the production of proposals and tenders.
- Preparation of factual geo-environmental and interpretative contaminated land reports including Desk Studies, Phase II Site Investigations, DQRA’s as well as remediation strategies and verification reports.
- Usage of specific software which may include but is not limited to Holebase (logging software), AutoCAD, surfer and risk assessment software including P20 and CLEA.
- Technical mentoring of junior staff and if applicable ‘go to’ technical person within Ecologia for technical support in a core subject area.
- Client and regulator liaison.
- Ensure that Health & Safety requirements are followed.
A full UK/EC driving license is essential.
Interns – Sittingbourne
We regularly seek to support undergraduate students working towards BSc, BEng or MSc qualifications, or equivalent, by offering Internships for a minimum of 6 months. The experience offered is assisting Ecologia’s staff in monitoring innovative in-situ remediation processes. These tasks will require site attendance collection of environmental samples, monitoring of the system performance, assisting the engineer to set up the test runs and, to a limited extent, interpretation of the process performance. Being supervised by an Environmental Engineer, the candidate will also be required to assist in carrying out site investigations and other in-house tasks. The tasks performed at Ecologia can be tailored to suit the student’s requirements of a research project normally associated with a final year dissertation.
A living allowance is offered with the internship, but applicants are expected to find additional funding to cover living expenses whilst in the UK.