Do you want to work for an engaging company that will help you develop your career, reward your effort and listen to your views?…..
Ecologia is an equal opportunities employer and are always on the look out for talented people.
All successful applicants will be joining a growing company. They will have the opportunity to input and benefit from our further growth and development. In return, we offer competitive remuneration supported by a number of benefits.
The benefits of working here:
- Friendly & professional work environment
- Exposure to great projects & International exposure
- Flexible/ part time working
- Progression & help towards Chartership
- Professional Development reviews/ CPD-Skills Passport
- Internal training sessions held by internal and external experts
- Staff survey- staff are encouraged to have their say
- Encouraging -Innovation & new ideas
- Peer support/ mentoring
- Career Progression
If we don’t have a vacancy to suit you but you want to work with us then express your interest in confidence via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will advise you of any suitable vacancies as they become available.
Whether applying for an advertised position or simply wishing to register your interest your information will be treated in confidence.
Project Manager – Stafford
We are seeking candidates with experience in commercial and domestic oil spills with the ability to take projects from initial design stage through to implementation and completion. Responsibilities will comprise of operation and financial management of the project delivering within budget and programme. The role will involve leading and working with a multi-skilled team (to include the management of drilling sub-contractors); technical reviews, interpretative report writing; liaison and meetings with clients and regulatory authorities; and ensuring compliance with health and safety guidelines.
As well as a degree level qualification in an appropriate scientific discipline, we would expect candidates to have 6+ years experience (or equivalent) in contaminated land / remediation; including project management experience.
The successful candidate will have a flexible attitude to work and posses the enthusiasm and drive to deliver the requirements of the role. The ability to work as an effective member of a team and on their own initiative will be essential, along with excellent communication, organisation and problem solving skills. This role will be based from our Stafford Office but will require frequent travel within the Staffordshire area.
Right to work in the UK, Willingness to travel and a full UK/EC driving licence is essential.
Geo-environmental Consultant / Senior Geo-environmental Consultant – Sittingbourne
Presently we are seeking a motivated and ambitious individual as a Geo-environmental Consultant / Senior Geo-environmental Consultant with a focus on contaminated land core skills to join our Consultancy Service Line in our Sittingbourne office in Kent. We would expect candidates to be degree level qualified in an appropriate discipline (ideally with a relevant Masters) and have at least 5 years’ experience in a geo/environmental / contaminated land setting (consultancy / contracting). Additionally, the candidate should be working (or be willing to work) towards chartership of a relevant organisation. The successful candidate will possess the enthusiasm and drive to deliver the requirements of the role, with the ability to work as an effective member of a team and on their own initiative, along with:
- Ability to manage and deliver projects on time and within budget with an understanding of financial management at a project level.
- Excellent communication, organisation and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written English and technical report writing skills.
- Excellent numerical skills including data interpretation, including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel and where applicable numerical modelling packages.
- Demonstrable site work competency including an appreciation of Health & Safety requirements.
Experience in contaminated land risk assessment would be a distinct advantage.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Organise, manage resources and, ad hoc, supervise geo-environmental ground investigations
- Assist in the production of proposals and tenders.
- Preparation of factual geo-environmental and interpretative contaminated land reports including Desk Studies, Phase II Site Investigations, DQRA’s as well as remediation strategies and verification reports.
- Usage of specific software which may include but is not limited to Holebase (logging software), AutoCAD, surfer and risk assessment software including P20 and CLEA.
- Technical mentoring of junior staff and if applicable ‘go to’ technical person within Ecologia for technical support in a core subject area.
- Client and regulator liaison.
- Ensure that Health & Safety requirements are followed.
A full UK/EC driving license is essential.
Interns – Sittingbourne
We regularly seek to support undergraduate students working towards BSc, BEng or MSc qualifications, or equivalent, by offering Internships for a minimum of 6 months. The experience offered is assisting Ecologia’s staff in monitoring innovative in-situ remediation processes. These tasks will require site attendance collection of environmental samples, monitoring of the system performance, assisting the engineer to set up the test runs and, to a limited extent, interpretation of the process performance. Being supervised by an Environmental Engineer, the candidate will also be required to assist in carrying out site investigations and other in-house tasks. The tasks performed at Ecologia can be tailored to suit the student’s requirements of a research project normally associated with a final year dissertation.
A living allowance is offered with the internship, but applicants are expected to find additional funding to cover living expenses whilst in the UK.